Many of our clients have important questions about how whiplash, and the whiplash claims process, really works.
In order to understand, cope with, and overcome whiplash, it is necessary to understand the answers to many of these questions. As such, we have compiled these pages to help answer some of the most frequently asked questions we face.
We hope you find an answer to your question here. If you cannot find the answer to your question, feel free to ask us a question at firstname.lastname@example.org or click to skip to our quick question form below.
Whiplash Frequently Asked Questions
At Loyalty Law we work with specialist whiplash claims solicitors, so if you are looking for an immediate and professional assessment of your situation please use our claim form to allow us to match you with a fantastic whiplash claims solicitor.
If you have more general questions about whiplash claims, we have created these resources to help resolve your issues and address any worries you may have.
- What Is Whiplash?
- What Should You Be Claiming For Whiplash?
- Can You Claim For Whiplash?
- How Much On Average Is A Whiplash Payout?
- How Long Will My Whiplash Settlement Take?
- Can I still claim compensation if I wasn't wearing a seatbelt?
- How Many Years Does A Whiplash Claim Take?
- Do I Have To Accept The Third Party's Offer In Settlement Of My Claim?
- Not Happy With Your Solicitors?
- Can You Change Solicitors During A Whiplash Case?
- Can I Claim For Travelling Expenses To Medical Appointment As Part Of My Whiplash Injury Claim?
- Can You Sustain A Whiplash Injury From A Side Impact Collision?
- How Do You Find The Best Solicitors For A Road Traffic Accident?
- The Top Seven Mistakes People Make When Choosing Whiplash Claim Solicitors
- Can I Claim For Whiplash Injury Compensation If I Was Partly To Blame For The Accident?
- Can I Make A Claim For A Second Whiplash Injury?
- Can I Make A Claim For Whiplash Compensation Following A Low Impact Collision?
- Can Just A Small Bump Cause Whiplash?
- What Happens In The Event Of Driving Instructor Accidents?
- What Is The Motor Accident Solicitors Society?
- Can You Sustain A Whiplash Injury As A Result Of A Coach Or Bus Accident?
- Can you get whiplash from a scooter injury?
- Taxi Accident Whiplash Compensation Claim
- Whiplash - Causes other than road traffic accidents
- How Long Do I Have To Make A Claim For Whiplash Injury Compensation?
- The two parts of a whiplash claim
- Can I Claim Compensation If I Am Partly To Blame For An Accident?
- How Much Compensation For Whiplash Injuries
- I Have Suffered A Whiplash Injury – Is It Worth Making A Claim?
Symptoms and Treatment of Whiplash
Whiplash has a number of symptoms, some of which are more subtle and less well-known than others. It can often occur along with other injuries from the same accident, making it quite hard for people who aren't doctors to diagnose accurately.
At Loyalty Law, we know you need help with the recovery stages of a whiplash injury as well as help with your whiplash claim. We have included some information on whiplash recovery below, but if you want to know more please do get in touch.
- Symptoms of Whiplash Injury
- What To Do After A Car Accident
- Signs Of Injury If Someone Drives Into The Back Of Your Car
- Whiplash Symptoms And Treatment
- Do You Need To See A Doctor If Claiming For Whiplash?
- What Are The Main Symptoms Of A Whiplash Neck Injury?
- Can I Make A Claim For Whiplash Injury Compensation If I Have Not Been To See My Doctor?
- How Important Is The Medical Report?
- If I Have Sustained A Whiplash Injury, How Long Will My Symptoms Take To Appear?
- Is There A Minimum Amount Awarded For A Whiplash Compensation Claim?
- How Do You Know If A Person Has Whiplash?
- Can A Whiplash Injury Affect Your Eyesight?
- Can Whiplash Cause Dizziness?
- Can Whiplash Cause You To Suffer Pain In Your Head?
- Effectively Treating Whiplash Injuries
Recovery from Whiplash
Whiplash recovery can take a very long time, and it is the long recovery time that is one of the worst things about the injury. It can affect different people of different ages in very different ways, meaning that few people will have the same experience.
Hopefully, we can offer a rough picture of how long a 'typical' whiplash injury lasts.
- How Long Does Whiplash Take To Recover From?
- Taking Time Off Work Due To Whiplash Injury
- What Are The Lasting Effects Of A Whiplash Injury?
- Can A Whiplash Injury Be Permanent?
- Can I Make A Claim For Whiplash Injury Compensation If My Symptoms Were Fully Resolved Within One Month Of The Accident?
- How Long Does It Take To Recover From Whiplash?
- Moderately Severe Whiplash Injuries – How Much Compensation Should I Receive?
- How long will my whiplash injury last for?
Children and Whiplash
It is hard to detect whiplash in children because they often don't understand their own symptoms well enough to explain what is happening.
Children do experience whiplash, though, so if you suspect that your child is suffering from a whiplash injury please seek professional medical advice, followed by professional legal advice if necessary.
- Could My Child Be Suffering From A Whiplash Injury?
- How Much Will A Child Receive For Whiplash?
- How Old Do I Have To Be To Make A Claim For Whiplash?
- Whiplash Injuries in Children
Insurance and Whiplash
If the other driver has no insurance, or an insurance company is pressuring you to take an unfavourable settlement for your whiplash claim, it can be extremely confusing and concerning.
You don't have to settle for a settlement though. Get in touch with Loyalty Law to see if our expert whiplash solicitors could help you claim more than your insurance company settlement offer.
- Can You Claim Whiplash If The Other Person Has No Insurance?
- Can You Make An Insurance Claim A Week After A Crash?
- What Happens In A Car Crash Where The Driver Had No Insurance?
- Will My Insurers Pay Out If I Am Hit By An Uninsured Driver?
- Should I Settle My Claim With The Other Insurance Company Direct?
- An Insurance Company Have Offered To Settle My Whiplash Claim, What Should I Do?
- Third party capture – has an insurance company offered to settle your compensation claim?
Car Accident & Injury Prevention
No matter what the papers say, no-one wants to suffer whiplash. Our guides to car accident injury prevention might help you minimise the pain of a whiplash injury or potentially avoid the injury altogether!
- Correct Car Headrest Adjustment
- How To Drive In Snow
- Why Turning The Clocks Back Can Lead To More Car Accidents
- Winter Car Care And Safety Guide To Prevent Car Accidents
Fill In The Question Form Below
If you would prefer to have your question answered by email, please complete the question details below and we will gladly send you the answer to your question by email. This is completely free of charge and without any obligation to do anything else, so please do fire away:
The Loyalty Law Promise For You:
- Approachable Solicitors - Our solicitors are friendly, approachable and are all recognised accident claim experts.
- No Hidden Costs – Unlike many of our competitors, Loyalty Law’s service is completely free for you to use. You can speak with one of our solicitors who will explain their service and any costs payable. You can then decide whether to ask for their help or not, but there are no charges to that point providing you with peace of mind.
- Guaranteed Peace Of Mind – We monitor customer feedback at the end of every claim to ensure you receive a fantastic service.
Why Spend Time Trying to Find the Right Solicitor when We Have Already Done It for You?
How do you know which solicitor will provide you with the best service? While you can assume that solicitors have a basic level of legal knowledge, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
Loyalty Law take the worry out of the search. We have done the pre-approval for you, ensuring that Loyalty Law solicitors provide high efficiency, specialist expertise, complete competence and a friendly and helpful service. Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.