Whiplash – Causes Other Than Road Traffic Accidents
When we think of whiplash injuries we automatically presume the cause to be a road traffic accident, usually one car hitting another car in the rear. However, as can be seen below, there are other causes of whiplash injury and it is important that, if you are experiencing neck, shoulder and back pain following any kind of incident you must have your condition properly assessed by your GP or local Accident & Emergency Department and not just presume that, as you have not been involved in a road traffic accident, you cannot be suffering from a whiplash injury.
What is a whiplash injury?
Whiplash is the name given to an injury caused when the head and neck are forcefully and suddenly thrown back and forth, or from side to side, causing damage to the soft tissue in the neck.
How can a whiplash injury be caused?
As discussed above, apart from the obvious, and most common, cause (being a road traffic accident) whiplash injuries can be caused in a number of ways, including:
- a trip, slip, or fall – such as on ice or a significant spillage of fluid;
- a fairground ride;
- a train performing an emergency stop;
- various types of contact sports (i.e. rugby, football, wrestling).
What are the resulting symptoms of a whiplash injury?
Whiplash injuries vary in severity but common symptoms include:
- pain in the neck, back and shoulders;
- restricted movement;
- pins and needles in the arms and hands;
Can I make a claim for compensation for my whiplash injury?
If you can prove that your whiplash injury has been caused through no fault of your own but through the negligence of a third party then you are likely to be able to make a claim for compensation. Where an injury has been incurred as a result of a sporting accident you must be able to prove that the injury was not caused in the normal course of the game but that it was caused because of negligent action of another party, or poorly manufactured or inadequately maintained or faulty sports equipment.
How much compensation will I receive for my whiplash injury?
The amount of compensation you receive for your whiplash injury can vary from £750 to £13,750 depending entirely on the severity of your injury and how long it takes you to make a full recovery.
The Loyalty Law Promise For You:
- Approachable Solicitors - Our solicitors are friendly, approachable and are all recognised accident claim experts.
- No Hidden Costs – Unlike many of our competitors, Loyalty Law’s service is completely free for you to use. You can speak with one of our solicitors who will explain their service and any costs payable. You can then decide whether to ask for their help or not, but there are no charges to that point providing you with peace of mind.
- Guaranteed Peace Of Mind – We monitor customer feedback at the end of every claim to ensure you receive a fantastic service.
What should I do now?
If you have suffered a whiplash injury through no fault of your own, make a free call to Loyalty Law now on 0800 242 1775 or make an online enquiry.
Share This Article With:
Make A Quick Enquiry?
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Spend Time Trying to Find the Right Solicitor when We Have Already Done It for You?
How do you know which solicitor will provide you with the best service? While you can assume that solicitors have a basic level of legal knowledge, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
Loyalty Law take the worry out of the search. We have done the pre-approval for you, ensuring that Loyalty Law solicitors provide high efficiency, specialist expertise, complete competence and a friendly and helpful service. Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.