Third Party Capture – Has An Insurance Company Offered To Settle Your Compensation Claim?
If you are involved in a car accident which is not your fault, whereas you used to have to take action yourself to arrange repairs to your vehicle and to seek medical treatment and compensation for your injuries, there is now a new phenomenon which might change this completely.
Insurance companies are now approaching innocent accident victims directly, therefore, if Mr Jones drives into the back of your car, within a matter of hours you might receive a telephone call from Mr Jones’ insurance company offering to help you. They will offer to repair your vehicle and even provide you with a hire car. They might also make you an offer to settle any compensation claim for your injuries as soon as possible after the accident. Why would insurers want to settle your claim before you have even thought of making one?
The answer is simple. If they can settle your claim early there are two potential advantages:
- they prevent you from going to a solicitor who will be able to reclaim their legal costs from the insurance company (not from you because you would be protected under a no win no agreement);
- they can make you an offer very early on, which might seem generous, but if you accept it and subsequently suffer more pain you will not be able to return for more compensation. You will have settled your claim for too little and will be able to do nothing else about it because they will have made you sign a disclaimer.
Think about this. An insurance company approaching you to settle a claim? We all know that insurers are renound for their usual obstructiveness in making payments under insurance policies, so it clearly shows you that to have such a change in policy and attitude there must be a large benefit in it for them.
At Loyalty Law, we are being approached more and more by people who have accepted an offer of, say, £1000 very soon after their accident but several months later they are still in pain and have realised that they settled their claim far too quickly due to the pressure from the insurance company.
If this has happened to you we would urge you to contact us immediately so that we can attempt to reopen your claim. Please call us free now on 0800 242 1775 or complete an online enquiry form.
The Loyalty Law Promise For You:
- Approachable Solicitors - Our solicitors are friendly, approachable and are all recognised accident claim experts.
- No Hidden Costs – Unlike many of our competitors, Loyalty Law’s service is completely free for you to use. You can speak with one of our solicitors who will explain their service and any costs payable. You can then decide whether to ask for their help or not, but there are no charges to that point providing you with peace of mind.
- Guaranteed Peace Of Mind – We monitor customer feedback at the end of every claim to ensure you receive a fantastic service.
Share This Article With:
Make A Quick Road Accident Enquiry?
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Spend Time Trying to Find the Right Solicitor when We Have Already Done It for You?
How do you know which solicitor will provide you with the best service? While you can assume that solicitors have a basic level of legal knowledge, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
Loyalty Law take the worry out of the search. We have done the pre-approval for you, ensuring that Loyalty Law solicitors provide high efficiency, specialist expertise, complete competence and a friendly and helpful service. Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.