Signs Of Whiplash Injury
Signs Of Injury If Someone Drives Into The Back Of Your Car
What happens if someone drives into the back of your car whilst you are at a junction or travelling slowly? What are the signs of injury you should expect and what symptoms are you likely to experience? What is the name of your injury and what action can you take? The purpose of this article is to explore the signs and symptoms of an injury if someone drives into your car.
Immediate signs of injury
One of the first signs of injury you can expect to experience is neck pain. This can be instant or it can appear some hours or days after the accident. The neck pain can be severe or mild.
In addition to these initial signs of injury you might also experience a giddiness or dizziness or even sickness following the collision. These are all perfectly normal and are all symptoms of a whiplash injury.
Other signs of injury if someone drives into the back of your car
Other signs of injury can include the following:
- Shoulder pain;
- Back pain;
- Pins and needles in the arms;
- Approachable Solicitors - Our solicitors are friendly, approachable and are all recognised accident claim experts.
- No Hidden Costs – Unlike many of our competitors, Loyalty Law’s service is completely free for you to use. You can speak with one of our solicitors who will explain their service and any costs payable. You can then decide whether to ask for their help or not, but there are no charges to that point providing you with peace of mind.
- Guaranteed Peace Of Mind – We monitor customer feedback at the end of every claim to ensure you receive a fantastic service.
What should do if you have these signs of injury?
You should immediately consult your General Practitioner or visit your local Accident & Emergency Department. They will immediately carry out a full medical assessment and ensure that the injuries you have sustained are not too serious. They will confirm the likely diagnosis of a whiplash injury and will advise you to take some anti-inflammatory tablets and to keep moving your neck as much as possible. It is unlikely that they will advise you to rest the neck or use a neck collar which is old-fashioned treatment for this type of injury.
What should you do next?
You should seek specialist advice from a whiplash claims solicitor. They will be able to also confirm that your injury is a whiplash injury and will be able to advise you of your rights and options. They will explain that they can make a claim against the person who drove into the back of your car and that ultimately that claim will be dealt with by the driver’s insurance company. If you ask them to help you they will be able to make your claim for compensation for your injuries as well as repairs to, or replacement of, your car.
If someone drives into the back of your car the symptoms you are likely to experience will mainly involve your neck, shoulders, arms and back. There may be other symptoms such as dizziness, giddiness and headaches. You should seek medical advice immediately and legal advice after this.
The Loyalty Law Promise For You:
Share This Article With:
Make A Quick Road Accident Enquiry?
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Spend Time Trying to Find the Right Solicitor when We Have Already Done It for You?
How do you know which solicitor will provide you with the best service? While you can assume that solicitors have a basic level of legal knowledge, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
Loyalty Law take the worry out of the search. We have done the pre-approval for you, ensuring that Loyalty Law solicitors provide high efficiency, specialist expertise, complete competence and a friendly and helpful service. Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.