How Much Compensation For 4 Months Whiplash?
Watch this short video below and scroll down to find out how much compensation you are likely to receive for 4 months of whiplash pain.
The ONLY way to find out how much compensation you should receive for your whiplash injury is to obtain a free Whiplash Claim Assessment from one of our specialist solicitors. They constantly obtain more than the average for a 4 month whiplash pain award ensuring that you receive the best advice and the best award possible for your claim.
Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 for your free and instant Whiplash Claim Assessment, or complete our Instant Claim Assessment online.
Already Received An Offer For Your Whiplash Claim?
As well as comparing your claim to other, previously settled, cases your solicitor will refer to guidelines (set out in a book called the ‘Judicial Studies Board guidelines’) to assess the value of your claim. If you have made a full recovery within four months of the accident you will fall into the JSB guidelines ‘minor injuries’ bracket which describes Claimants as having moderate symptoms which are fully resolved between one month and one year following the accident. The JSB guidelines, together with previous case law, state that Claimants who recover from their injuries within four months of the accident may be awarded damages of approximately £1,100 - £1,300.
Mr W, a 37 year old male, was injured when a vehicle went into the back on his own vehicle in 2007. He suffered a whiplash injury to his neck and attended hospital where he was advised to take painkillers. His hobby of playing football was interrupted for 3 weeks. Mr W had made a full recovery from his injuries within 4 months of the accident.
Mr W was awarded £1100 for his general damages claim (which is 2010 is worth £1193).
In 2007, Mr B a 33 year old male suffered injuries when his vehicle was reversed into, twice, by another vehicle. He suffered a neck injury, experiencing minor twinges twice a week for three months, and made a full recovery from his injuries within 4-5 months after the accident.
Mr B was awarded £1,500 for his general damages claim (which is 2010 is worth £1627).
Who decides the amount of compensation you will be awarded?
Usually, the amount of compensation you are awarded is agreed during negotiations between your solicitor and the solicitor, or insurance company, acting for the other party. However, if the solicitors cannot reach agreement then it may be necessary for your solicitor to issue court proceedings so that the amount of compensation can be decided by the court. Your solicitor will arrange for you to be medically examined by an expert in the field relating your specific injuries and the expert will then prepare a medical report upon which your solicitor will base his assessment of the value of your claim. Your solicitor will look at previous cases where Claimants have sustained similar injuries to your own and have taken a similar amount of time to recover and will use this information to place a value on your claim for pain and suffering (called your claim for ‘general damages’).
How is the amount of compensation decided?
The amount of compensation you are awarded depends on factors such as:
- The severity of your whiplash injuries
- The amount of time taken to recover
- Your prognosis for the future
- Acceleration or exacerbation of any pre-existing injuries or conditions
As well as claiming for compensation for your injuries you are also entitled to claim for out of pocket expenses (called your ‘special damages claim’) such as loss of earnings, additional travelling expenses to medical appointments, lost overtime etc.
Only Loyalty Law Can Make You This Promise:
- Approachable Solicitors - Our solicitors are friendly, approachable and are all recognised accident claim experts.
- No Hidden Costs – Unlike many of our competitors, Loyalty Law’s service is completely free for you to use. You can speak with one of our solicitors who will explain their service and any costs payable. You can then decide whether to ask for their help or not, but there are no charges to that point providing you with peace of mind.
- Guaranteed Peace Of Mind – We monitor customer feedback at the end of every claim to ensure you receive a fantastic service.
Why You Must Act Now!
If you have suffered an injury please contact us immediately. Failure to do so could cause your claim to fail or significantly reduce the chances of success for two reasons:
The longer the period you leave before taking action, the less the chance of the success of your claim. This is due to the evidence required to connect the chain of events to prove that your injury was caused by the accident in question.
Our Loyalty Law specialists can only look after a set number of people who have been injured. This is because they aim to provide the highest standards of service and can only do this if they limit the number of people that they help. To give you the best chance of being helped by one of our solicitors get in touch with us immediately or we may not be able to help you.
Delay really can be fatal to your chances of success, so please contact us now and let us take care of you and your claim.
What Happens Next?
You will be contacted by one of our specialist whiplash claim solicitors. They will explain whether they are able to help you with your whiplash claim. If they can, they will then take care of everything else for you. Being specialists, they know that you have already had enough stress following your accident, so they will make the whole process as simple as possible for you from that moment onwards.
This will include completing paperwork for you, arranging free replacement car hire and medical treatment, and generally taking really good care of you.
Nicholas Jervis, Solicitor (non-practising) and Managing Director of Whiplash Specialists Loyalty Law
Why Loyalty Law is right for your whiplash claim
If you ask Loyalty Law to help you choose the right accident claim solicitor, you can be confident that you will benefit from the following service:-
- A national network of pre-vetted accident claim solicitors who are proven as experts in this area of law;
- Continual vetting of customer satisfaction levels through surveys at the end of each matter where Loyalty Law is asked to help a client (i.e. the solicitors are constantly checked by people like you);
- All initial enquiries are completely free of charge and without obligation.
- A national treatment network available to speed your recovery so you can get back to normal as soon as possible. There are three quick and easy ways you can find out if and how much you can claim for your compensation claim.
If you ask us to help you, you are under no obligation to proceed to make a claim but we will explain all of your options to you.
Make A Quick Enquiry?
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Find out how much your claim is worth
Why Spend Time Trying to Find the Right Solicitor when We Have Already Done It for You?
How do you know which solicitor will provide you with the best service? While you can assume that solicitors have a basic level of legal knowledge, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
Loyalty Law take the worry out of the search. We have done the pre-approval for you, ensuring that Loyalty Law solicitors provide high efficiency, specialist expertise, complete competence and a friendly and helpful service. Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.