How Much Compensation For 13 Months Whiplash?
Watch my short video below and scroll down to find out how much compensation you are likely to receive for 13 months of whiplash pain.
The ONLY way to find out how much compensation you should receive for your whiplash injury is to obtain a free Whiplash Claim Assessment from one of our specialist solicitors. They constantly obtain more than the average for a 13 month whiplash pain award ensuring that you receive the best advice and the best award possible for your claim.
Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 for your free and instant Whiplash Claim Assessment, or complete our Instant Claim Assessment online.
Already Received An Offer For Your Whiplash Claim?
As well as comparing your claim to other, previously settled, cases your solicitor will refer to guidelines (set out in a book called the ‘Judicial Studies Board guidelines’) to assess the value of your claim. If you have made a full recovery within thirteen months of the accident you will fall into the JSB guidelines ‘minor injuries’ bracket which describes Claimants as having moderate symptoms which are fully resolved within about two years following the accident. The JSB guidelines, together with previous case law, state that Claimants who recover from their injuries within thirteen months of the accident may be awarded damages of approximately £2750-£3200.
In 1998, Ms R, a 27 year old female was injured in a road traffic accident. She sustained a whiplash injury to her neck and shoulders and was in severe pain for the first five days following the accident. She experienced restricted movement in her arms for a further month. Four months after the accident she was only experiencing back pain every couple of weeks and within 14 months of the accident she had made a full recovery.
Ms R was awarded £1500 for her general damages claim (which in 2010 would be worth £2057).
Ms A, a 51 year old female, was injured in 2007 when she was a front seat passenger in a vehicle that was hit on the nearside front wing by another vehicle. She was thrown forwards and backwards and sustained a whiplash type injury to her neck and lower back, exacerbating a pre-existing condition. She required painkillers and experienced disturbed sleep and difficulty carrying out household chores. Her hobby of gardening was affected. She returned to her pre-accident state of health within 12 months of the accident.
Ms A was awarded £2000 for her general damages claim (which in 2010 would be worth £2169).
It is usually the case that the amount of compensation you are awarded is agreed during negotiations between your solicitor and the solicitor, or insurance company, acting for the other party. However, if the solicitors are unable to reach an agreement then it may be necessary for your solicitor to issue court proceedings so that the amount of compensation awarded to you can be decided by the court.
An appointment will be arranged, by your solicitor, for you to be assessed by a medical expert who specialises in the field relating your particular whiplash injuries. The medical expert will prepare a medical report detailing your injuries and giving a future prognosis. Your solicitor will use the medical report to assess how much your claim is worth. Your solicitor will compare your case to past cases where accident victims have suffered similar injuries to your own and have taken a similar amount of time to recover. Your solicitor will use this information to value your claim for pain and suffering (called your claim for ‘general damages’).
How is the amount decided?
The amount of compensation awarded to you depends on several factors, such as:
- The severity of your whiplash injuries
- The length of time it takes you to recover
- Your future prognosis
- Acceleration or exacerbation of any pre-existing injuries or conditions
You are also entitled to claim for out of pocket expenses (called your ‘special damages claim’) which includes items such as loss of earnings, additional travelling expenses to medical appointments, lost overtime etc. Your special damages will be paid in addition to your claim for general damages.
Only Loyalty Law Can Make You This Promise:
- Approachable Solicitors - Our solicitors are friendly, approachable and are all recognised accident claim experts.
- No Hidden Costs – Unlike many of our competitors, Loyalty Law’s service is completely free for you to use. You can speak with one of our solicitors who will explain their service and any costs payable. You can then decide whether to ask for their help or not, but there are no charges to that point providing you with peace of mind.
- Guaranteed Peace Of Mind – We monitor customer feedback at the end of every claim to ensure you receive a fantastic service.
Why You Must Act Now!
If you have suffered an injury please contact us immediately. Failure to do so could cause your claim to fail or significantly reduce the chances of success for two reasons:
The longer the period you leave before taking action, the less the chance of the success of your claim. This is due to the evidence required to connect the chain of events to prove that your injury was caused by the accident in question.
Our Loyalty Law specialists can only look after a set number of people who have been injured. This is because they aim to provide the highest standards of service and can only do this if they limit the number of people that they help. To give you the best chance of being helped by one of our solicitors get in touch with us immediately or we may not be able to help you.
Delay really can be fatal to your chances of success, so please contact us now and let us take care of you and your claim.
What Happens Next?
You will be contacted by one of our specialist whiplash claim solicitors. They will explain whether they are able to help you with your whiplash claim. If they can, they will then take care of everything else for you. Being specialists, they know that you have already had enough stress following your accident, so they will make the whole process as simple as possible for you from that moment onwards.
This will include completing paperwork for you, arranging free replacement car hire and medical treatment, and generally taking really good care of you.
Nicholas Jervis, Solicitor (non-practising) and Managing Director of Whiplash Specialists Loyalty Law
Why choose Loyalty Law for your whiplash accident claim
All Loyalty Law solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:-
- Before they can start working with us and for you, they are individually interviewed by our managing director, a solicitor himself (although no longer practising). He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the confidence to believe in the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every legal matter that a Loyalty Law solicitor handles for one of our clients, we carry out an interview with the client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service when he joins us, but through your feedback they continue to achieve the right service levels and continue to make you happy. This is important to us and is one of the reasons why we believe Loyalty Law is the right place for you to choose your solicitor.
If you ask us to help you, you are under no obligation to proceed to make a claim – and our service is of no cost to you - but we will explain all of your options to you. There are three quick and easy ways you can find out if and how much you can claim for your compensation claim.
Make A Quick Enquiry?
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Find out how much your claim is worth
Why Spend Time Trying to Find the Right Solicitor when We Have Already Done It for You?
How do you know which solicitor will provide you with the best service? While you can assume that solicitors have a basic level of legal knowledge, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
Loyalty Law take the worry out of the search. We have done the pre-approval for you, ensuring that Loyalty Law solicitors provide high efficiency, specialist expertise, complete competence and a friendly and helpful service. Call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.