The decision to undergo a vasectomy is often a very thought out decision and is usually made after careful consideration of all your, and your partner’s, other options. To go through the very invasive surgery involved in having a vasectomy only to find out that the procedure has failed and your partner is pregnant with an unplanned child can cause a lot of upset, anger and worry.
Unfortunately, failed vasectomies are not as uncommon as you may think as it can often take up to four months after the operation before all traces of semen have disappeared and it is safe for you to have sex without the risk of conceiving a baby. Your surgeon should explain these risks to you to ensure that you understand that you should abstain from having unprotected sex until your post-vasectomy tests are clear.
Another reason a vasectomy could fail is that, during the procedure, your surgeon cuts a ligament rather than the vas deferens tubes (the tubes that carry the semen).
How much compensation are you likely to be awarded for your failed vasectomy claim?
The law states that for an unwanted pregnancy caused by a failed vasectomy you may be entitled to:
- £15,000 for no longer having the ability to determine the size of your family
- £5,000 for pain and suffering during the labour that you were not expecting to have to endure
- Compensation for loss of earnings during maternity leave
- Additional costs of new baby equipment such as prams, cots etc
If your vasectomy has failed and you feel this is because your surgeon did not properly explain the risks to you, or you think the procedure may have been carried out incorrectly you may be entitled to make a claim for medical negligence. Loyalty Law’s expert solicitors can advise you on your chances of success of pursuing a successful claim for medical negligence. Our lawyers specialise in failed vasectomy claims and will be able to guide you through the process of making a claim and answer any questions you may have.
The cost of funding a medical negligence claim
Our expert solicitors will be able to discuss with you the various options of funding your claim which may include legal aid, a no-win no-fee agreement, or legal expense insurance. These options will be discussed with you in details to ensure you choose the option that is right for you.
Why choose Loyalty Law for your Vasectomy Failure matter?
All Loyalty Law solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:
- Before they can start working with us and for you, they are individually interviewed by our managing director, a solicitor himself (although no longer practising). He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the confidence to believe in the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every legal matter that a Loyalty Law solicitor handles for one of our clients, we carry out an interview with the client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service when he joins us, but through your feedback they continue to achieve the right service levels and continue to make you happy. This is important to us and is one of the reasons why we believe Loyalty Law is the right place for you to choose your solicitor.
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim:
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Trawl The High Street Trying To Find The Right Solicitor When We Have Already Done It For You?
If you are using a solicitor for the first time, or have not used a solicitor for a long time, how do you know which solicitor is going to provide you with the best service? Whilst everyone can assume that they all have a basic level of legal knowledge that means that they should be able to help you with your matter, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
With Loyalty Law, you do not need to worry. We have done the pre-approval and ensured that not only are they extremely efficient and competent in their specialist areas of law, but that they also provide a friendly and helpful service. For instant help, call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.