A claim for misdiagnosis may arise where the medical professional you have been attending upon for treatment or assessment either completely fails to diagnose the condition you are suffering from or incorrectly diagnoses it as some other medical condition.
For example, you may have been visiting your GP complaining of headaches but your GP has put the headaches down to stress/eye strain etc without carrying out any thorough investigations. If it is subsequently found that you are actually suffering from a brain tumour (of which the headaches were a symptom) and the delay in diagnosing the same has lessened your chances of making a full recovery from the disease, then you may be able to make a claim for medical negligence. Similarly, if you visit your GP with a rash which your GP puts down to heat rash or an allergic reaction and it is subsequently found that you are suffering from meningitis, this could have serious (even life threatening) consequences and you would be entitled to make a claim for medical negligence. A misdiagnosis can often lead to incorrect, inadequate or inappropriate treatment being prescribed and this can cause further complications.
There are many circumstances in which a misdiagnosis may occur. These may include:
- Fracture/break of bones
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Brain Tumour
It is important that you are able to prove that any delay in diagnosis or failure to diagnose, has either delayed your recovery and/or has introduced further complications which would not have been present if you had been diagnosed in time or at all.
How Long Do You Have To Make A Claim?
There are strict time limits in place governing how long you have to make a medical negligence claim. It is usually the case that you have three years from the date of becoming aware of the misdiagnosis in which to pursue a claim. For children, they have up until their 21st birthday in which to make a claim. In all cases, it is vital that you seek legal advice as soon as you become aware that you may be the victim of medical negligence.
The Cost Of Funding A Medical Negligence Claim
Our expert solicitors will be able to discuss with you the various options of funding your claim which may include legal aid, a no-win no-fee agreement, or legal expense insurance. These options will be discussed with you in details to ensure you choose the option that is right for you.
Why Choose The Legal Oracle For Your Medical Negligence Claim?
All our solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:-
- Before they can start working for you, they are interviewed by our managing director. He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills needed, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every accident claim, we carry out an interview with each client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service provided. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service, but through continual feedback they continue to achieve the right levels of service for you. It means that people like you are constantly monitoring and providing feedback on the service and is one of the reasons why we believe that you should ask The Legal Oracle to help you find the right solicitor.
Make A Quick Medical Negligence Enquiry
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Arrange for us to call you back – » Click To Request A Call Back.
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of The Legal Oracle solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Trawl The High Street Trying To Find The Right Solicitor When We Have Already Done It For You?
If you are using a solicitor for the first time, or have not used a solicitor for a long time, how do you know which solicitor is going to provide you with the best service? Whilst everyone can assume that they all have a basic level of legal knowledge that means that they should be able to help you with your matter, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
With Loyalty Law, you do not need to worry. We have done the pre-approval and ensured that not only are they extremely efficient and competent in their specialist areas of law, but that they also provide a friendly and helpful service. For instant help, call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.