Medical Negligence Compensation
If you believe you have a case for medical negligence – either because of a misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment or some other form of negligent treatment from the medical profession – you may be wondering how much compensation you would be likely to receive if you were to pursue a claim for the trauma and illness you have sustained.
How Compensation Is Assessed
The amount of compensation you will receive, if your claim is successful, will depend on how severely the negligent medical treatment has caused you to become ill or has exacerbated some pre-existing medical condition. In some cases the negligent treatment will result in a longer recovery period from, for example, an operation, whereas in more severe cases the negligent treatment will result in lifelong symptoms or even in death.
Your solicitor will assess your claim by first instructing an independent medical expert to prepare a report assessing your injuries and commenting in detail on how the negligent treatment has altered or delayed your recovery, or has caused further complications. Your solicitor will then use this report to compare your case with people who have suffered similar illness and injury as a result of medical negligence, or have suffered as a result of negligent medical treatment for a similar period to you. The amount of compensation awarded in these similar, previously settled, cases will give an indication of how much compensation you are likely to receive. Your solicitor will negotiate with the other side’s solicitor to try and reach agreement on a settlement amount. Where agreement cannot be reached the matter will be taken to court where a judge will decide the amount of compensation to be awarded to you.
What Is Included In Your Medical Negligence Compensation
The compensation you receive for your medical negligence claim will be split into two parts – general damages and special damages.
Your claim for general damages is your claim for the physical and mental pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of the medical negligence. This is where the medical report will be used to fully assess your injuries and obtain a future for the prognosis. The assessment of your general damages will be largely based on this report/s.
Your special damages claim is your claim for any out of pocket expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident such as loss of earnings, additional medical treatment, travelling expenses to medical appointments, etc.
The Cost Of Our Service To You
The cost of our service to you is completely free of charge. The solicitor will discuss the details of your claim and then provide you with a price for their services. You can then decide whether you would like to use them or not. It is completely within your control and until that point you will have incurred no charges.
Why Choose The Legal Oracle For Your Medical Negligence Claim?
All our solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:-
- Before they can start working for you, they are interviewed by our managing director. He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills needed, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every accident claim, we carry out an interview with each client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service provided. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service, but through continual feedback they continue to achieve the right levels of service for you. It means that people like you are constantly monitoring and providing feedback on the service and is one of the reasons why we believe that you should ask The Legal Oracle to help you find the right solicitor.
Make A Quick Medical Negligence Enquiry
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Arrange for us to call you back – » Click To Request A Call Back.
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of The Legal Oracle solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Trawl The High Street Trying To Find The Right Solicitor When We Have Already Done It For You?
If you are using a solicitor for the first time, or have not used a solicitor for a long time, how do you know which solicitor is going to provide you with the best service? Whilst everyone can assume that they all have a basic level of legal knowledge that means that they should be able to help you with your matter, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
With Loyalty Law, you do not need to worry. We have done the pre-approval and ensured that not only are they extremely efficient and competent in their specialist areas of law, but that they also provide a friendly and helpful service. For instant help, call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.