Having a baby should be one of the momentous times of your life, however, when complications arise during childbirth the experience can be marred by a lot of fear and anxiety. Erbs Palsy is the name given to the partial or complete paralysis of the baby’s arm caused due to the nerves in the baby’s neck being damaged during childbirth. This can happen, for example, when the baby’s shoulders get trapped in the birth canal during the attempted delivery.
As soon as the medical staff realise that the baby’s shoulders are trapped that must carry out immediate but careful action to release the baby. Urgent intervention is crucial to prevent further complications and the correct amount of force must be used. If excessive force is used to release the baby from the birth canal there is a risk of further nerve damage being caused.
The severity of the baby’s Erbs Palsy depends on the extent of the nerve damage. Similarly, the form of treatment required will depend on the extent of the injury and treatment may range from physiotherapy to nerve transplants. It is vital that a full assessment is carried out my medical staff immediately that they become aware of the complications, to ensure the correct treatment is carried out.
If your child has been affected by Erbs Palsy and you believe this has been caused by the negligent action of the hospital staff (for example, in using too much force to release the baby or failing to carry out a proper assessment of the baby’s condition) you may be able to make a claim for medical negligence. The Legal Oracle solicitors understand that this may be a very stressful and worry time for you and they will try to alleviate your fears by answering any questions you may have about making a medical negligence claim. Our lawyers specialise in medical negligence claims arising from injuries caused during childbirth, including Erbs Palsy and they will be able to advise you on the chances of you being able to make a successful claim for compensation.
The Cost Of Making A Claim
In most cases, where a claim is being made on behalf of a child who has been suffered an Erbs Palsy injury during the course of childbirth, legal aid will be available to fund the claim. It is the child’s finances/income that it is assessed not that of the parents or carers.
How Long Do You Have To Make A Claim?
If a claim is being made for an infant that has been affected by Erbs Palsy, then they (or the person claiming on their behalf) have until their 21st birthday to make a claim. However, it is usually most beneficial to you, the Claimant (or their representative), to take steps to claim for compensation as soon as you become aware that you may be entitled to do so.
Why Choose The Legal Oracle For Your Erbs Palsy Claim?
All our solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:-
- Before they can start working for you, they are interviewed by our managing director. He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills needed, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every accident claim, we carry out an interview with each client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service provided. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service, but through continual feedback they continue to achieve the right levels of service for you. It means that people like you are constantly monitoring and providing feedback on the service and is one of the reasons why we believe that you should ask The Legal Oracle to help you find the right solicitor.
Make A Quick Medical Negligence Enquiry
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Arrange for us to call you back – » Click To Request A Call Back.
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of The Legal Oracle solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Trawl The High Street Trying To Find The Right Solicitor When We Have Already Done It For You?
If you are using a solicitor for the first time, or have not used a solicitor for a long time, how do you know which solicitor is going to provide you with the best service? Whilst everyone can assume that they all have a basic level of legal knowledge that means that they should be able to help you with your matter, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
With Loyalty Law, you do not need to worry. We have done the pre-approval and ensured that not only are they extremely efficient and competent in their specialist areas of law, but that they also provide a friendly and helpful service. For instant help, call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.