Epilepsy is a relatively common but often debilitating condition affecting over 400,000 in the UK. If treated properly, epilepsy can often be managed by the use of drugs to minimise the effect it has on the sufferers’ day to day lives. However, if epilepsy is misdiagnosed or incorrectly treated then serious consequences can occur.
Epilepsy is caused when the signals being sent to the brain are interrupted causing the brain to temporarily work abnormally. There are many factors which could be linked to the onset of epilepsy – such as a head injury, brain damage during birth or brain tumours – but often the cause of epilepsy is unknown.
There are two types of epilepsy – partial and generalised. The medical profession assess how much of the brain is being affected during a seizure to decide which category the particular case of epilepsy falls into. If only one part of the brain is affected then the sufferer will be experiencing a partial seizure, however, if both halves of the brain are affected during the seizure the sufferer will be experiencing a generalised seizure.
In the event that something less serious (such as a migraine) is incorrectly diagnosed as epilepsy the patient could be unnecessarily prescribed drugs and treatment which could have an adverse affect on their life and general well being. Alternatively, although a patient could be correctly diagnosed as suffering from epilepsy, the type, and therefore severity, is misdiagnosed and this leads to the incorrect type or incorrect amount of drugs being prescribed and administered to the patient. This can have serious side effects and cause a delay in the patients learning ability and personal development.
If you feel that you have been affected by a misdiagnosis of epilepsy, The Legal Oracle’s expert solicitors can advise you whether you may be able to make a claim for medical negligence. Our lawyers are specialists in epilepsy misdiagnosis claims and will be able to answer all of your questions as well as advising you how much compensation you may be entitled to. The Legal Oracle service for you with without charge and without obligation.
The Cost Of Funding A Medical Negligence Claim
Our expert solicitors will be able to discuss with you the various options of funding your claim which may include legal aid, a no-win no-fee agreement, or legal expense insurance. These options will be discussed with you in details to ensure you choose the option that is right for you.
Why Choose The Legal Oracle For Your Epilepsy Claim?
All our solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:-
- Before they can start working for you, they are interviewed by our managing director. He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills needed, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every accident claim, we carry out an interview with each client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service provided. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service, but through continual feedback they continue to achieve the right levels of service for you. It means that people like you are constantly monitoring and providing feedback on the service and is one of the reasons why we believe that you should ask The Legal Oracle to help you find the right solicitor.
Make A Quick Medical Negligence Enquiry
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Arrange for us to call you back – » Click To Request A Call Back.
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of The Legal Oracle solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Trawl The High Street Trying To Find The Right Solicitor When We Have Already Done It For You?
If you are using a solicitor for the first time, or have not used a solicitor for a long time, how do you know which solicitor is going to provide you with the best service? Whilst everyone can assume that they all have a basic level of legal knowledge that means that they should be able to help you with your matter, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
With Loyalty Law, you do not need to worry. We have done the pre-approval and ensured that not only are they extremely efficient and competent in their specialist areas of law, but that they also provide a friendly and helpful service. For instant help, call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.