No Win No Fee Claims
Many of you will have already have seen advertisements for ‘no win no fee’, but what does this actually mean? In recent surveys it is clear that the public are wary of the term and feel that if they enter into a ‘no win no fee’ agreement that they will still be bound to pay some costs. The name itself implies that if you do not win you do not have to pay, but if you win your case you might be expected to pay some or all of the legal costs. Is this right?
In short, the answer is that you should not have to pay any costs whether you win or lose your claim under a ‘no win no fee’ agreement. It is worth looking at the history of no win no fee agreements to explain why this is the case and to put your mind at rest.
Why do ‘no win no fee’ agreements exist?
In the past, if you wanted to make an accident claim for compensation you would have been entitled to apply for Legal Aid. This would have covered your solicitor’s legal costs to pursue this claim. However, the government decided to cut the costs of Legal Aid and removed accident claims as an area of law for which they would not provide Legal Aid. When this happened, they needed to set up a system which would still allow innocent and injured accident claim victims to make claims for compensation.
They produced a document called the ‘Conditional Fee Agreement’ which is the legal documentation under which you can pursue a claim on a ‘no win no fee’ basis. The agreement largely provides that a solicitor will act for you and not charge you if you lose your claim.
For more information see our Compensation Claim Costs section.
Why Choose Loyalty Law For Your Head Injury Claim?
All Loyalty Law solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:-
- Before they can start working for you, they are interviewed by our managing director, a solicitor himself (although no longer practising). He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills needed, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every accident claim, we carry out an interview with each client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service provided. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service, but through continual feedback they continue to achieve the right levels of service for you. It means that people like you are constantly monitoring and providing feedback on the service and is one of the reasons why we believe that you should ask Loyalty Law to help you find the right solicitor.
Make A Quick Enquiry?
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Arrange for us to call you back – » Click To Request A Call Back.
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Trawl The High Street Trying To Find The Right Solicitor When We Have Already Done It For You?
If you are using a solicitor for the first time, or have not used a solicitor for a long time, how do you know which solicitor is going to provide you with the best service? Whilst everyone can assume that they all have a basic level of legal knowledge that means that they should be able to help you with your matter, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
With Loyalty Law, you do not need to worry. We have done the pre-approval and ensured that not only are they extremely efficient and competent in their specialist areas of law, but that they also provide a friendly and helpful service. For instant help, call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.