Whiplash Injuries in Children
If your child has been injured in a car accident and has suffered a whiplash injury you may be wondering whether you can make a child whiplash injury claim on their behalf. You may also be wondering how long your child will take to recover from their injuries and how much compensation they are likely to receive.
When you have dealt with your child’s immediate need for treatment you will need to monitor their symptoms closely in the days following the accident as the symptoms of a whiplash injury usually do not appear immediately, but usually become apparent within 48 hours. Your child may complain of stiffness in their neck, restricted movement, headaches, pain in the shoulders and neck and dizziness. It is important that your child is seen by their GP as soon as possible after their symptoms appear so that a proper assessment can be made and the appropriate treatment can be administered.
Although whiplash injuries in children seem to be less common than in adults, they do still occur and it is important that they are not overlooked. Reasons that whiplash injuries are less common in children than in adults could be that children sit in the back of the vehicle which is thought to be safer than the front and, in addition, children sit in specially designed child car seats which help to ensure their safety during an accident. However, if your child has been sitting in a seat which has an air bag activated – and the airbag has gone off as a result of a collision – your child could be more likely than an adult to suffer an exacerbated whiplash injury. This is because, as children are shorter than adults, they are more likely to be pushed more forcefully back into their seat (at head/neck level) which could cause damage to the soft tissue and ligaments in the neck. However, it must be noted that although airbags can often exacerbate whiplash injuries the alternative of not having an airbag activated in your vehicle could lead to much more severe injuries than whiplash.
The cost of our service to you
The cost of our service for you is completely free of charge. Our solicitor members see us as a finding tool to help them locate excellent new clients just like you. Therefore, they pay a membership fee to be a part of Loyalty Law. However, that membership fee is not passed on to you in any way, shape or form and does not deteriorate from the level of customer service that you can expect. If a solicitor does not constantly meet the high levels of customer service that our customers demand and deserve they will be removed from the Loyalty Law scheme. In addition to Loyalty Law not making a charge for our connection service for a specialist solicitor, our solicitors will speak with you free of charge and explain your legal rights and all funding options to you.
Why Choose Loyalty Law For Your Child Whiplash Injury Claim?
All Loyalty Law solicitors are checked and vetted to ensure that they meet our criteria in the following ways:-
- Before they can start working for you, they are interviewed by our managing director, a solicitor himself (although no longer practising). He is quickly able to assess whether they have the legal skills needed, but also whether they are easy to speak with on the telephone and will give you the service that you deserve.
- At the end of every accident claim, we carry out an interview with each client to ensure that they have been completely satisfied with the service provided. This ensures that not only does the solicitor start off by providing an excellent service, but through continual feedback they continue to achieve the right levels of service for you. It means that people like you are constantly monitoring and providing feedback on the service and is one of the reasons why we believe that you should ask Loyalty Law to help you find the right solicitor.
Make A Quick Child Accident Enquiry?
Why not make a free enquiry now by contacting us in one of the following ways to find out if and how much you can claim (no cost and no obligation to proceed, we are here to help):-
- Arrange for us to call you back – » Click To Request A Call Back.
- Call us free on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44) between the hours of 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm on Saturday and 8am to 5.30pm on Sunday; or
- Provide us with some details and one of our Loyalty Law solicitors will be in touch with you – make a Quick Enquiry now.
Why Trawl The High Street Trying To Find The Right Solicitor When We Have Already Done It For You?
If you are using a solicitor for the first time, or have not used a solicitor for a long time, how do you know which solicitor is going to provide you with the best service? Whilst everyone can assume that they all have a basic level of legal knowledge that means that they should be able to help you with your matter, how can you be confident that they really are the right solicitor for you?
With Loyalty Law, you do not need to worry. We have done the pre-approval and ensured that not only are they extremely efficient and competent in their specialist areas of law, but that they also provide a friendly and helpful service. For instant help, call us free now on 0800 142 2775 (or local rate: 01275 75 00 44).
We have specialist Solicitors across England, Wales and Scotland ready and waiting to help you.