Everyone wants the best for their children, they want to care for them and provide for them. So if your child has an accident which was the fault of a third party, you will be devastated. Children are vulnerable, so you will be anxious to do what is right by them and you may be concerned about what to do next. The first and most important thing you have to do is to get medical attention for your child. The second is to make a child accident claim on their behalf. You can make accident claims on behalf of your child if they have been injured in a car crash, hurt at school or nursery, had an accident on holiday, on a school trip and more.

Once you have taken them to the doctors and made sure they are healthy, contact a lawyer. Sooner is better as their injuries will be at most prominent at this point and the memories of the incident will be fresh. Many legal firms will offer you a free initial enquiry so you can chat to them about the situation you are in. Loyalty Law is no different; we offer everyone a free initial enquiry service so you can find out more about the claims process and the viability of your claim. Do what is best for your child when choosing a lawyer, you may find the service Loyalty Law is offering you is perfect for you, you may not. Simply give us a call and find out.

How To Keep Evidence For A Child Accident Claim

Notepad zoomed in
Image by Rosa y Dani

Whilst you are in the process of researching and instructing a lawyer you should constantly be recording the situation. The easiest way to do this is often via a photographic journal, and via note taking. Keep track of the progression of their injuries and the treatment they are receiving for them. Ensure that their medical records are kept up to date following each visit to the doctors of the hospital. When it comes to making a child accident claim having all this information at hand will make it a lot easier for you to pass it on to your lawyer.

If you do not wish to make a claim on behalf of your child at this time that is completely okay – you may just want to focus on getting them better. If you do not make an injury claim on behalf of your child immediately they can pursue a claim themselves from the time they turn 18. They will have the standard 3 year timescale in which to make this personal injury claim from the date of their 18th birthday.

Solicitors at Loyalty Law are fully- trained experts who have a lot of experience dealing with child accident claims. To speak with one of our friendly team members call us free on 0800 142 2775 or complete our Instant Claim Assessment.

Author: Nicholas Jervis