The law can be baffling especially when you consider these crazy laws…
1.It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer…at a time whilst standing up in Texas!
A crazy yet true law!
2. It is Illegal to Wear a Suit of Armour in….The Houses of Parliament.
This is illegal according to the 1313 Statute Forbidding Bearing of Armour!
3. It is Illegal to Fire a Cannon….within 300 yards of dwelling house.
Yes, this is still currently illegal in the UK. It is outlawed by the 1839 Metropolitan Police Act.
4. It is Illegal to Beat a Carpet….or rug in any street.
However, beating or shaking a doormat is allowed before 8am….well thank goodness for that.
5. It is Illegal to Play…annoying games.
It is also illegal to engage in other irritating offences such as carrying a plank along a pavement, sliding on snow or ice in the street and sometimes even flying kites is a bit much for the scrooge that made this law.
6. It is Illegal to be Drunk in Charge of…a horse, a cow, a carriage and a steam engine.
According to the Licensing Act 1872 .
7. It is Illegal to Jump the Queue…in the Tube ticket hall.
Well, understandable, we Brits know the value of queuing and we do it well!